Registration Deadline is July 1, 2018. Leduc Ringette needs all registrations in at that time so we have an idea on what we have for numbers for the coming season. There is a LATE FEE of $200.00 for all registrations from returning players received after July 1st, no exceptions. (“Returning Player” is anyone who has registered and played with Leduc Ringette in the past 3 years.) The purpose of this late fee is to ensure that everyone registers prior to this date so that we can plan accordingly with the registration numbers at each level.
FINAL PAYMENT IS NOT DUE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 1, 2018, so cheques may be post-dated (but must be in to the Association by July 1). Even if you are uncertain if your child will play next season, please register to ensure that space is available and to avoid the late penalty.
If you will be trying out for AA ringette and you reside in LRA boundaries, you still must register with Leduc Ringette, following the above policies. Please notify registrar prior to tryouts.
Please help us effectively plan for the upcoming season and REGISTER online prior to the July 1st deadline. We cannot be sure that space will be available for those who register after July 1.
If you, or anyone you know, requires financial aid in order for their child to participate in the Leduc Ringette Association program, please be aware that there are programs available to remove the obstacles of kids participating in sports. Some of the programs available are:
1. Canadian Tire Jumpstart - Leduc Chapter- Everyone Gets to Play - Recreation without Barriers - Everybody Gets to Play is a national initiative to enhance the quality of life for families by increasing access and participation in recreation, athletic and cultural opportunities. Through Everybody Gets to Play, the City of Leduc offers several program options. Please visit Leduc's website "Everybody Gets to Play" for further information and details of the programs. Please know that you may be eligible to apply for assistance for two sessions, once in the fall and once in winter.
2. Kidsport - Feel free to contact or download a Kidsport application form from the following website at http://www.kidsport.ab.ca/ . Not all kids have the opportunity to be involved in sports. For those who dream of playing goalie, scoring goals, taking one for the team, and making new friends, it's all possible through KidSport. For a happier, healthier lifestyle for Alberta kids, KidSport makes a difference. With the help of sponsors, volunteers, and dedicated directors and staff, more and more kids are getting the chance to play sports. If possible please apply to Kidsport before registration so your child's registration is not delayed. This information is kept strictly confidential.
For players that are moved up to the next level by the association, there will be no increase in fee. If a player requests to move up and the Association approves the request, then fees will apply. Please submit a Player Movement Request form if you would like your child to be considered to move up (or down) a level of play. If you are looking to move a player, please fill out the Player Movement Form.
Starting this season all players will be required to complete a set number of hours through various fundraising/volunteer commitment spots set by the LRA. All spots will be available for sign up on www.signup.com. The complete link will be shown once this form has been filled out. Active Start & Open divisions require 8 hours of volunteer commitment. U10-U19 divisions require 12 hours of volunteer commitments. All spots available to sign up for count towards 4 hours.
This season we are also considering the below positions as part of your volunteer commitment:
Board Positions - Counts towards 12 hours.
Head Coach - Counts towards 12 hours.
Assistant Coach - Counts towards 8 hours.
Team Manager - Counts towards 12 hours.
Junior Coaches - Counts towards 8 hours.
Other spots that parents can complete their required volunteer hours are: Bingo, Raffle Tickets, Monetary Payment, Silent Auction/Prize Table Item, Bottle Drive, Tournament, Tournament Sub-Committee, Blackgold Rodeo Parade Coordinator and Oilers 50/50 (if awarded to LRA).
If you are new to Leduc Ringette Association the following additional information will be required:
1. If you have any concerns as to whether you live within the Leduc Ringette boundaries, check with the Registrar. If you live outside the boundaries and wish to play in Leduc, you may request a release from the Association for which boundary you live in.
2. A copy of the player's birth certificate, or other government issued identification, is mandatory. This is to confirm the date of birth of the player.
Runs from September to February or March, depending on play-offs and Provincial dates for each level.
Evaluations and pre-season skates will be in end of August - early September.
League play in the Black Gold League will begin in October and run through to February.
Active Start does NOT play league games and will begin late October.
Withdrawal for any reason until and including September 15 of the current season will result in a full refund of the Registration Fee, less a $25 Administration Fee.
Withdrawal for any reason from September 16 to October 15 of the current season will result in a 50% refund of the Registration Fee, less a $25 Administration Fee.
Withdrawal for any reason after October 15 of the current season will result in no refund of the Registration Fee.
If a player earns a spot on a higher level team in another association ('A', 'AA') where said player was either cut from the same level within our association, or the level is not offered within our Association, the player shall receive a full refund of the Registration Fee.
Only AFTER you have read and understood the above should you now proceed to register with Leduc Ringette Association.
Registration Procedure is as follows:
1. Please fill out our online registration form 2018/2019 LRA Registration.
2. Payments are to be made to the Leduc Ringette Association by cheque or cash. They can by mailed to Leduc Ringette Association, PO Box 3412, Leduc AB, T9E 6M2. PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
3. There will be an NSF charge for all NSF cheques.
IMPORTANT: You MUST register your child in the appropriate level by their year of Birth. For Example if your child was born in 2006 you must register in U12 as below. Movement of players to a different level can only be done with the approval of the Association, and may require approval of Ringette Alberta. Please contact Leduc Ringette Registrar at the beginning of the season if you wish your child to play at a different level.
Once your online portion of the registration has been completed your registration is not complete until Leduc Ringette Association has received your payments and any required supporting documentation as stated above. Please include a copy of your confirmation email or a note indicating who/what the payment is for.
You may pay by installments over the summer, but final payment of all fees is due by September 1st. Cheques may be post-dated but should be dated for the 15th or 30th of the month, other than the September 1 date.
Payment MUST be received by July 1 for returning players or a late fee of $200 is applied to the registration.
If registering after September 1, the full payment is required. There is no late penalty for NEW players joining the Association or for players being released from other Associations.
All NSF cheques are subject to a $25 Fee and must be cleared within two weeks of notice. In addition, all playing privileges will be suspended immediately until the player account has been settled. This may include suspension from evaluations. It is the responsibility of the parents to contact the Treasurer to clear up the account and to return their account to a member in good standing. Once completed the Treasurer will notify those required to return playing privileges. Once an NSF cheque has been received the account must be cleared using CASH.
NOTE: If your child played Active Start last year and will be moving up to U10 they will be assessed the New Player fee of $300.00 and not the Returning Player fee of $585.00.
*Age as of Dec 31*
|Registration Fee||Volunteer Deposit|
|Active Start |
|New Player |
|New Player |
|New Player |
|New Player |
|New Player |
(2000 & Older)